UIF (Department of Labour registrations)
Employers must register with the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF). The Unemployment Insurance Act and Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act apply to all employers and workers, but not to –.
Some of the duties of an Accounting Officer include:
- Workers working less than 24 hours a month for an employer
- Public servants
- Foreigners working on contract to be repatriated at the end of their contract
- Workers who get a monthly State (old age) pension; since 07/02/2007, no longer excluded from contributing towards UIF or
- Workers who only earn commission
- Domestic employers and their workers are included under the Act since 1 April 2003.